So here is my first post.
I have been teaching kindergarten for 4 years. Prior to that I
taught at Magic Moments Learning center in Clermont Florida where I
learned how to teach. I learned skills there that no degree prepping
program can ever truly teach you. I also found out that I was smart
enough to attend college- a fact I had, up until that point in my life,
assumed was just a pipe dream. I can never thank Nancy Allison enough
for her belief in me and her persistence in pushing me to earn a college
degree. It took me seven years instead of four to earn my Bachelors
degree because I had to work full time and help raise my two little
brothers but I graduated UCF Summa Cum Laude in 2009. I had the honor
of working for Dale Delpit during the first two years of my public
school experience, his feedback was invaluable to my skill and
confidence as an educator.
I now have over a decade of teaching experience behind me and am now
working on earning my Masters degree in Early Childhood at Walden
University. I worry that by the time I have a Masters degree the field
of Early Childhood education- Public education in particular, will have
been sold off to Pearson or other test making corporations. Yet I am so
very good at applying the latest in research to what I do in the field,
so I follow my passion.
I am not just passionate about teaching, I am good at it. I hope
that my blog and my posts will help prove my expertise and not only
illustrate my enthusiasm.
Thank you for reading
Julie.
No comments:
Post a Comment